Privacy Statement for Members of Lichfield Mysteries Community Arts
Lichfield Mysteries Community Arts (‘LMCA, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ ‘We’) is committed to respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice is provided for our current, prospective and past members; for anyone providing services to LMCA engaged by us; and for those participating in events organised by us (‘You’, ‘Your’).
In relation to the personal data you have given us we are a Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We can be contacted via our website www.lichfieldmysteries.com or you can write to the Secretary at 26 Lombard St, Lichfield, WS13 6DR
1. Data (information and photographs) we collect and store about you.
We collect from you and store your name, contact details and other information so that we can provide you with information about rehearsals, performances and other events. We do not obtain any information about you from third parties unless we have your specific consent.
2. Sensitive Personal Data (“Special Categories” under the Act).
We may receive from you information which you volunteer about your health, e.g. if you are unable to attend rehearsals or other events, and sometimes other sensitive personal information. This is not stored but may be shared between members of the Committee and those concerned with the running and organisation of events unless you request otherwise.
3. How we may contact you.
Our usual method of communication is by email and newsletters sent as attachments. We may also telephone you, text you, or use post / hand delivery if you have not provided us with an email address. You can stop us contacting you by any method at any time by writing to the Secretary.
4. Your choices about what we collect, and implications of withholding data.
Your name and contact details must be held by us while you are a member of the LMCA or if you have registered for an event organised by us, though you may choose not to provide a telephone number or email address, with the understanding that this may mean you are not informed promptly of events.
5. Our use of your personal data.
For as long as we hold your data, it will be used for the following purposes:
- To administer LMCA and events organised by LMCA
- To publicise LMCA’s events, and other opportunities provided by other related organisations.
6. How long we retain your personal data.
Unless required by law to hold your personal data for longer, we will hold it for no more than three years after you cease to be a member, or to receive members’ newsletters or to participate in one of our events. Your image may continue to appear in group photographs after this time.
7. Disclosure of your personal data.
We are a registered charity governed by a Committee of Trustees. The information which you provide to us is shared between the Trustees, who are all nominated and elected at our AGM by members. Names only may also be shared, where appropriate, with volunteer members who are not Trustees but who by virtue of a role within LMCA need this information: this may include but is not limited to the administration of hire of scripts, costumes and props. Your name may be provided to the printers of programmes for issue to the public. Your image may also be captured in group photographs for our Web site, for publicity purposes and / or the archived history of LMCA. We will not provide names and addresses or other contact details to any third party, unless this is required for the purpose of insurance, etc.
8. Your rights under the data protection legislation.
- You have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you, by submitting a request via our web site or any Trustee
- You have the right to request that any inaccuracies be rectified or erased.
- You have the right to ask us to erase some or all of your personal data, in which case you may lose some services or be unable to continue as a member of LMCA.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office http://www.ico.gov.ukif you have any concerns about our handling of Your data.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice.
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time, in which case a revised notice will appear on our website. If the changes are material we will notify current members by Newsletter.
(also available in PDF format here)